The demand for electricity is increasing day-to-day and resources are limited compared to the usages. It becomes increasingly difficult for the average person to pay high electricity bills. Sunlight is the source of solar energy. Solar energy is cheaper than electrical energy. This energy can solve all your needs, just like electricity. This solar energy is both for residential and commercial purposes.
The solar roof system has electricity-producing solar panels. This panel can be used to generate energy for various purposes. This system has a lot of benefits. It takes up very little space and can produce energy for many purposes.
|Scheme Name||Solar Rooftop Scheme|
|Funds allocated by India’s Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) for Solar Rooftop Installation||INR 50 billion|
|Schemes gets modified on||15th March 2012, by increasing subsidy amount to 40%|
|To apply in online visit||solarrooftop.gov.in|
|Solar Energy Helpline No.||1800 2 33 44 77|
This system is extremely popular in urban areas. This system is a popular choice for people who want to reduce their electricity consumption and avoid high electric bills. The energy needs of other people in the building can be partially met by solar roofs that are installed in commercial, industrial, or household buildings.
Table of Contents
- PM-WANI – Free Wi-Fi Yojana (Apply Online, Benefits, Guide)
- UP Shadi Anudan Yojana(विवाह अनुदान) Online Apply, Benefits, Registration, Status Check, Helpline Number
- Odisha Job Card Online Apply, Registration, Application form [Beneficiary List 2021-22] Status Check
- Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana Registration Online Apply, Eligibility, Benefits
Benefits of Solar Rooftop System
- This system can be installed on a roof and produces electricity.
- Solar roof top systems are best suited for commercial organizations as they can generate maximum power for peak periods.
- Solar roof top systems are also less expensive than the grid power.
Total cost for the Solar Rooftop system
Solar system setup is cheaper than an electrical generator system. This is a one-time investment that saves you a lot of money on your electric bills. It doesn’t require any additional expenses after the installation. This Scheme can also help people save a lot of money.
Benefits By govt under Solar Rooftop Scheme
This scheme was launched by the government for a few states of the nation. This includes several North Eastern States like Sikkim and Himachal Pradesh.
This subsidy can be used for the household, industrial, or social sector. Hospitals, educational institutions, etc. This scheme is also available to the commercial sector. This central government budget is Rs. 600 crore to Rs. 5,00,000 crores over 5 years to 2019-20 under National Solar Mission.
This solar energy system costs only Rs.6.50/kWh, which is much less than norm electricity and diesel generator. Because of the abatement of about 60 million tons of CO2 per year, the scheme helps to protect the weather. It is therefore safe for both environment and health.
Rooftop Solar Power Plant Subsidy Scheme
Since then, the Indian government has made the Rooftop Solar Power Plant Scheme one of its ambitious projects; it has the ability to supply the country’s growing electricity need without harming the environment. The government has set a goal of generating 1 lakh megawatts of solar energy by 2022, of which 40 thousand megawatts will come from rooftop solar power plants, under this strategy.
The Indian government has developed this particular Rooftop Solar Power Plant Subsidy Scheme by appointing the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy as the governing body in order to achieve the aim and to encourage the use of solar power plants by the Indian population.
Apply Online for Solar Rooftop Scheme
- The online application is required to receive the benefits of this scheme. These forms can be found on the official website solarrooftop.gov.in.
- If you want to apply for the Solar Rooftop Scheme, please visit the website and download the form. You can also complete it online. The scheme is managed and monitored by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India. This scheme can be paid online.
- This scheme will undoubtedly save electricity and reduce pollution. This scheme is currently only available in a few states. If this is a positive result, then the government will implement this scheme across India. This scheme is open to all Indians. India will soon be dependent on the solar system. It will also save a lot of money. This system has a lower total cost and a lower monthly cost.
Rooftop solar power plants will become increasingly popular as a means of meeting rising electricity demands and lowering future electricity bills as a result of the adoption of such a subsidy system. To learn more about this programme, go to mnre.gov.in, the government’s official website.